Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Fortworth

Our trip to Fortworth was eventful! Briana, Christa, Abbey and I are very fortunate to still be alive. Let me tell about the crazy thing that happened during our road trip (1hour out of Nacodoches). We were on the freeway and a car that was in the lane next to us speed up towards us. We heard the acceleration as the car past us. Shortly after this the driver slammed on his breaks and made a shape turn so the his car was perpendicular to us. The car's centripetal velocity caused it to skid so that the car now faced towards us.

Once the car was facing us, it flipped over several times and rolled into the ditch that was filled with water. It honestly looking like something off an action movie. It was a complete miracle that we didn't have a head on collision and that I'm alive to tell the tail now! I wasn't very shaken by the whole experience but I expected to be later on. I just thought that prehaps the extent of what happened hadn't really sucken in.

I'm still unshaken by the incident. I think it's because I know that God was taking care of me (and the other girls). That He's got a plan for us all and that we're still meant to be alive. It really made me re-evaluate my life though. Hmmmm, more on that at a later stage.

We went to the "cracker barrel restaurant" after that. Then we took a picture just be reminded of how thankful we all were at that moment to be alive.
CIMG2382 The random that I asked to take the photo later told me that he was a professional photographer. Woo hoo, we were just full of good fortune!

Abbey and I went to the largest Honky Tonk bar in the world that night. We did all the essentials:

-Danced the 2-step with a southern gentlemen
-Gamble on the pokies
CIMG2419
-Watch bullriding (woo hoo, real cow boys!), plus the guy at the entrance let us in for free (just cos we're us) ;)

CIMG2422

-got a photo on a fake bull
-Listened to live Country music
-touched Johnny Cash's hand print on the wall
CIMG2428

1 comment:

Abigail... said...

"just because we're us"....absolutely. ;-)