Friday, December 1, 2006

Lessons and Revision

I've learnt (or relearnt) many lessons during my texas stay so far. They've been the kind that you have to learn practically for yourself (you can't simply be taught the theory).

-God has everything under control
-God can miracuously improve our "perfect plans"
-helplessness does not equate to hopelessness
-what appears to be a defeat can actually be a detour; persistance can be the key
-a few moments of patience can make a huge difference
-true friends love each other independent of circumstance
-assume people's intentions are good even when the outcome suggests otherwise
-when you can't choose what happens around you, you can still choose how you react to it. Therefore, you still have a responsiblity concerning your situation

I hope you can all see that I'm very thankful for all these lessons. It's been pointed out (by someone who has recently read the list above) that in order for me to have learnt these lessons, my experience in Texas (so far) must have been less than perfect. However, I wish to emphasize that whatever circumstances have lead me to these lessons are relatively unimportant. If I had to choose between a blissful 2 weeks with no lessons or an imperfect time (ups and downs) with great lessons, I would definitely choose the latter. Imperfections are the things that help shape us as individuals. They help us to grow and be better people. Isn't our purpose in life to do God's will? And to do this, don't we need to constantly grow and learn? Resistance helps build strength. Weakness reminds us to depend on God. Helplessness humbles us. Our patience tried teaches us patience. A storm helps us appreciate inwardly (Godly) peace. I could go on a bit more but I'm sure you all can see what I'm getting at.

One thing I'm not grateful at this moment for though, is the lack to comments on this blog. Feedback and general comments would be much appreciated by me :)

No comments: