Thursday, November 30, 2006

adventures continue

After shooting up with caffine, Jeff and I were ready to hit the road. We had interesting conversation on the road, talking about everything from Coon hunting to politics...
Once in houston, we went on an exploration around the Intercontinential airport to find the United Airlines ticketing counter.

The woman at the counter refused to help and said that I needed to book the ticket on the phone, again. eek! Not the automated service all over again! Jeff took the inititive and assertively demanded that they assist me. It wasn't long after this that the moment finally arrived. Everything fell into place and I had my ticket from Memphis to Sanfransico! I could hardly believe it and had to have Jeff confirm that all the details on the ticket were correct. Finally, I'm going to Memphis Tennesse, home of Elvis Presley!

Then... lunch, great food, great service, you know- the usual Texan goodness :)

We went to a market, where we found some of the essentials (eg. lemongrass) in order for me to cook for the Abt family. Mmmmm, generic asian food. This is the conversation that Jeff had with Abbey
A: Thida's goin to cook Thai for us
J: I thought Thida was Cambodian?
A: She is but... you know how "all Asian's look the same"? Well, it's the same with their food. lol

Abbey was kidding! (Just in case you all couldn't tell)

I am going to interject into my story now because I should probably explain why I'm going to Memphis.

Back in July of this year, I went to an International Christian Medical & Dental Assoication ( ICMDA) conference in Sydney. This is where I met a Sydney Dent student (Jesse). After the conference, we stayed in touch and became pretty good friends. Jesse is orginally from Tennesse and his parents still live there. AND to make things even more interesting his mother is a Pediatric anesthesiologist! With my free ticket, Abbey adamantly refused to let me go anywhere in the states without knowing people at the destination or having someone go with me on my trip. This seemed really limiting at the time, but then Jesse came to the rescue and suggested I go stay with his parents.

I get to shadow a brilliant doctor ( Jesse's mum) and see another part of the United States, having even more fun adventures!! I'm also really looking forward to going to Jesse's home church. From what I've heard about his church and the sermons I've listened to, it sounds really great. It'll also be cool to meet Jesse's family, whom I've heard so much about.

So, things seem to have worked out beautifully now that I've got my plane ticket :)

1 comment:

Abigail... said...

Obviously, someone needs to get the commenting ball rolling here...