Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Abbey's Birthday Dinner

I went to a Rotary lunch this afternoon to network with local business people with Anna (Abbey's sister). It was a thanksgiving lunch with the classics like turkey, cranberry sauce and apple pie.

Wall Mart was fun. Abbey and I bought SingStar. I can't believe that it took so long for it to come out in this country! Insane that NZ has had this PS2 game for over two years. We're a hip little country after all :) I bought an American cell phone today. For some crazy reason it turns out to be cheaper than just buying a sim card. It was such a mission to to activate my phone. The machine couldn't understand my acsent. It was so sad. I don't have a speech impediment I swear! I had to ask Abbey to speak for me.

I also bought lots of sweets. Mmmmm Reeses Peanut butter cups... Peanut butter M&Ms.... Mr Goodbar and much much more. Man, Americans knows how to make fat taste so good!

Went to Abbey's parents for dinner. Great company and good food. However, the company did manage to talk about pie and pizza for well over half an hour. lol. To be fair, intellegent conversation did sandwich the food talk ;)

We watched a couple of home videos of Abbey from 2 decades ago! Reminded us all of our mortality and the fact that it doesn't matter how old and tough we are, we were all cute and little at one stage.

I still haven't decided where in the states I'd like to travel to so if anyone has good suggestions, please let me know. We're off to Houston tomorrow to shop and then later, to an Imogen Heap concert.

1 comment:

Sam said...

How long you got in the U.S., Teeds? By the way, congrats on the blog! I knew you'd succumb one day.

And it's nice to know that you think Abbey is old and tough, rather than cute and little. :-)