Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Christchurch

Hmmm, I came down with my brother to chch Yesterday. My furniture from Dunedin has arrived and I've begun the unpacking. I've got a lot of stuff so will need many days in which to complete it all.

We were in the car together for about 4 hours and managed to speak about lots of deep and meaningful things. The future... philosophy... family... children... business...

One interesting thing though is that he CAN'T imagine me having children. Ok, so I can't imagine it happening anytime soon but it's SLIGHTLY concerning to hear my big brother speak this way. I can definitely picture myself as a REALLY COOL grandma though. Hmmm, one day.

I missed Nelson last night. There's so many more people in our Nelson home than here in chch. I'm driving back up tomorrow morning to stay there for another week. I'll be working for a couple of days but will mainly to doing my own thing. It'll be cool to hang out with my family for that extra week.

Living in chch by myself might get a bit lonely this year. It's a good thing that this house isn't huge.

2 comments:

Lyds said...

Maybe you'' just have to have some visitors from the north then :) Miss you babe, we have to have a phone date soon. Are you free sometime this week to talk?

Tda said...

Not this week but I'll be free after Tuesday. I'm heading back to chch then. Look forward to talking to you hun :)