Monday, January 1, 2007

The New Year

I didn't go out last night with the girls. They were going into town. I didn't participate in the new year celebration at our restaurant with my family either. Why's that? Well, I was sick. I'm still sick. But that's ok. I don't think that I really missed out on much. To be prefectly honest, I'm over the New Year Celebration thing. Really!

I think that in general, there's too much silliness for just one night. Drunk drivers, drunks in general, young hooligans etc. Like I said, it's the general situation not just the company one chooses to keep. Of course I'm not discribing my family's way of celebrating but it's just things around you really.

"Well, that's not a very happy way of looking at the transition into another year" is prehaps what you're thinking. But I actually have a pretty good attitude to the new year in general. And I think I had a good new year's eve :) I spent a few hours on the phone instead of being out and about. Mum was home before 12:30 so I sat and spoke to her for ages after that too. We reflected on the previous year and commented on what we wanted to acheive in this new one.

So, my big plans for this coming year? Well... for one thing, I'm going to be a clinical student. How exciting! I'm looking forward to it :) I'll most likely be living alone (after Feb) so that's going to be a learning experience. I've got a couple of new year's resolutions but haven't gotten it down on paper yet. I know that this year will be a year of growth and new challenges. Even though I'm not feeling 100% (health-wise) I'm still ready for all the challenges that lie ahead. Bring it on!

3 comments:

Abigail... said...

I WONDER who Thida spent time talking on the phone with on New Years Eve?!

truly a puzzler.


Happy New Years sweety!

Em said...

are you still single???

Tda said...

Hey Em
you're so cheeky! it's a good thing no one (but you and abbey)is reading this blog.
anyway... you don't need to ask me such questions. When Mr perfect comes along and gets his act together to ask me to be in a relationship and he's fortunate enough to have me agree THEN you'll be one of the first to know :) k?
hope you're having a great time at Abbey's. From Abbey's blog, it sounds like you girls are bonding lots